Contact: James Cockram
The NIAB Multi-parent Advanced Generation Inter-Cross wheat populations, or MAGIC, were created using BBSRC funding. Subsequent genotyping and phenotyping have been funded directly by NIAB.
This site contains information and files relevant to the NIAB Elite MAGIC and NIAB Diverse MAGIC populations.
In publications, please cite as:
NIAB Elite MAGIC: Mackay IJ, Bansept-Basler P, Barber T, Bentley AR, Cockram J, Gosman N,. Greenland AJ, Horsnell R, Howells R, O’Sullivan D, Rose GA, Howell P (2014) An eight-parent Multiparent Advanced Generation Inter-Cross population for winter-sown wheat: creation, properties and validation. G3: Genes| Genomes| Genetics, Volume 4, Issue 9, pages 1603-1610
NIAB Diverse MAGIC: Scott MF, Fradgley N, Bentley AR, Brabbs T, Corke F, Gardner KA, Horsnell R, Ladejobi O, Mackay IJ, Mott R, Cockram J (2022). Limited haplotype diversity underlies polygenic trait architecture across 70 years of wheat breeding. Genome Biology, volume 22, article 137. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13059-021-02354-7
Small numbers of seeds of each RIL can be supplied, subject to the cost of shipping (including any phytosanitary and other import charges) and a small charge for the cost of seed replacement. Download the NIAB Material Transfer Agreement, sign and date it, and return it to James Cockram at NIAB by email.
Files for downloading:
NIAB Elite MAGIC
- Scutari_et_al_2014.zip - all phenotype and marker data analysed in Scutari Marco, et al. (2014) Multiple quantitative trait analysis using bayesian networks. Genetics 198:129-137
- MAGICeliteSNPs.zip - all marker data
- awns.csv - line means for awns, analysed in Mackay et al (2014) An eight-parent multiparent advanced generation inter-cross population for winter-sown wheat: creation, properties, and validation. G3: Genes| Genomes| Genetics 4:1603-1610.
- MAGIC pedigree tables.xlsx - pedigree information on the MAGIC elite population
- MAGIC_genetic_map_PBJ2015.xlsx - MAGIC genetic map published in Gardner, K.A., Wittern, L.M., Mackay, I.J. (2015) A highly recombined, high-density, eight-founder wheat MAGIC map reveals extensive segregation distortion and genomic locations of introgression segments. Plant Biotechnol. J.
NIAB Diverse MAGIC