The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson details some important nuances in the debate on the environmental impact of GM http://t.co/UyoaOgNP9K http://t.co/f84VfQh3Ba
- @NIABTAG: The new BSPB @PVR_org Forage Maize DLs are published 2day, including the biogas DL http://t.co/UHF7F7cwAO
- @NIABTAG: Electrolysis of Water (EW) technique could help fresh produce crops fight off disease, initial NIAB trials suggest http://t.co/DTNltG0MX6
- @NIABTAG: The importance of Pollinators with @AgriTechEast @cambridgetvnews & NIAB's Lydia Smith http://t.co/lfI6khSmoC http://t.co/oOCIVHiZQn
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG sbly results from W.Charleton in Devon, with site mean 8.41t/ha, range 88-111% and Laureate top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG wwt results from Broughton in Hants, with site mean 12.05t/ha, range 91-109% and Belgrade top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG sbly results from Broughton in Hants with site mean 9.76 t/ha, range 86-106% with Ovation top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's Jo Matthews on finding a way through the maize maze in Pembrokeshire Farmer http://t.co/lk6YQMqi5B
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG Morley wwt sand land results out 2day with site mean 11.24 t/ha, range 88-106% and KWS Lili top
News and Events
- NEWS: 2016 Forage Maize and Biogas Maize Descriptive Lists issued by BSPB & NIAB
- OFC NEWS: Applications open for £10,000 OFC/RASE Practice with Science Award
- NEWS: SE Cambridgeshire MP Lucy Frazer tours NIAB’s crop research centre
- BBSRC NEWS: £4.7M for science to benefit British farming
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
GM back in the news
03/09/2015 by Jim Orson
" It is a fair time since I had a rant about GM. I am not alone as the following quote from a recent opinion piece in The Times demonstrates: ‘The debate around genetically modified crops would almost certainly puzzle an alien. “I don’t get it,” he’d b... "