Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: A great visit from 55 @IBERSagri students to our Hinxton site with our national trials coordinator @IanMidgley https://t.co/x9zZkyGC8b
- @NIABTAG: Despite the frost and sleet ears emerging in our triticale plots near Cambridge https://t.co/TuXggTLw83
- @NIABTAG: Date for the diary: STAR Open Day, 26 May. Info & registrations online https://t.co/BfwY7qJHcS https://t.co/xLPTAlAvPQ
- @NIABTAG: Join us 23/06 for our Open Day in Morley (Norfolk). Info & registrations online https://t.co/tLwshFG87U https://t.co/x3SbDOv5Sd
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: NIAB EMR Bioinformatician / Population Geneticist https://t.co/SC5AE7vl6v @EMRComms https://t.co/DAoJOa0LJA
- @NIABTAG: NIAB’s Phil Howell speaking to @VanessaKimbell about #WISP, #superwheat and pre-breeding https://t.co/CJDYQIFPWr https://t.co/vK1YfLcCP4
- @NIABTAG: 'Agriculture and Society' last chance to join! 12 week on-line @ATP_PASTURE course https://t.co/4uqIldKZKl #distancelearning
- @NIABTAG: ‘On-farm Anaerobic Digestion’ last chance to join! 12 week on-line @ATP_PASTURE course https://t.co/ToVBrkj5cO #distancelearning
- @NIABTAG: ‘Agri Genetics and Genomics’ last chance to join! 14 week on-line @ATP_PASTURE course https://t.co/Yiy5XbcvJZ #distancelearning
- @NIABTAG: ‘Resource Efficient farming’ last chance to join! 12 week on-line @ATP_PASTURE course https://t.co/pSbZiKNEij
- @NIABTAG: New @ATP_PASTURE module ‘Ruminant Gut Microbiology’ 14 week on-line course starts 18th May https://t.co/LOyjGDTsHX
- @NIABTAG: New @ATP_PASTURE module ‘Low Input Ruminant Production’ 14 week on-line course starts 18th May https://t.co/rErgYDlSA9
- @NIABTAG: Vacancy: Field Trials Officer, Cambridge https://t.co/rOCy15f9nQ https://t.co/K6ZQYaVzNY
News and Events
- NEWS: Fifth and final round of applications for the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation is open
- EVENT: Putting innovation into practice at Cereals
- NEWS: Dr Alison Bentley is new plant breeding lead at NIAB
- NEWS: Cambridge leads UK institutions in agreement on crop science with Indian government
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
Precision application of nitrogen
15/04/2016 by Jim Orson
" A few months ago I attended a seminar at which all of the farmers present said that they had abandoned the precision application of nitrogen to wheat. This came as no surprise to me as I am unaware of a strong scientific base to support it. On the contrary, the scientific argumen... "