The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's Dr Sarah Holdgate, Amelia Hubbard & Laura Pritchard at today’s annual UKCPVS event @HGCA_tweet http://t.co/d1WaR6gedk
- @NIABTAG: RT @HGCA_tweet Increasingly diverse cereal rust populations need close monitoring, says UKCPVS http://t.co/9mNmUUnEU2 http://t.co/Uw3HaIzXt6
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle: Will glyphosate use be restricted? http://t.co/XgFhv4z1Tt http://t.co/KEwjBpkIdV
- @NIABTAG: NIAB secures BBSRC funding for project to support smallholder community farms in Kenya http://t.co/VV6FWIIbHp http://t.co/nv9YigLOJ3
News and Events
- NEWS: Increasingly diverse UK cereal rust populations need close monitoring, says UKCPVS
- NEWS: NIAB to support smallholder community farms in Kenya
- NEWS: New genomics-driven surveillance to track crop diseases
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Will glyphosate use be restricted?
04/03/2015 by Jim Orson
" I remember clearly where I was when I first heard of glyphosate. It was on a farm in NE Essex which was hosting a development trial measuring glyphosate’s ability to control common couch. The farmer clearly considered it miraculous and indeed it has been key in increasing t... "