The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Who killed Rocky Springs: the impact of 19thC soil erosion in southern US & potential for arable cropping today http://t.co/5ByGfW766g
- @NIABTAG: OSR plots on @niabtag stand @CerealsEvent site; the stand has benefited from 21mm of rain in past 2 days http://t.co/VxTPYhunTy
- @NIABTAG: RT @RTKfarmer: Great visit to @InnovationFarm1. Alas no spare Superwheat seed 2 be had @NIABTAG trial dept impressive http://t.co/U1HMuzoiUk
- @NIABTAG: For anyone who missed our synthetic wheat coverage here's the link to the @bbcscitech item http://t.co/0mlUH5EgLH
- @NIABTAG: RT @ulrich_sperling: More Weetabix from same acreage. Good! http://t.co/eV8ICnNqxr @BBCNews @NIABTAG @weetabix #wheat
- @NIABTAG: @AgronomyMan you're not supposed to notice such things, but yes I know which shot you're talking about
- @NIABTAG: @tomheapmedia thanks for the #countryfile feature & news items today. Delighted with the piece - thank-you. Great response from everyone
- @NIABTAG: RT @tomheapmedia: Could 'Superwheat' help feed the world? non-gm breakthrough from @NIABTAG on #countryfile tonight at 6
- @NIABTAG: RT @Belinda_Clarke: Great job on #countryfile Dr Phil Howell from @NIABTAG on the new wheat variety which showed a 30 % yield increase in t…
- @NIABTAG: @AgronomyMan It was oats not barley and there wasn't a large enough field of wheat to do the link piece. Knew I'd get a comment...;)
News and Events
- NEWS: HDC precision herbicide research moves toward commercialisation
- NEWS: Breakthough in wheat breeding science offers greater yields
- NEWS: NIAB synthetic wheat research to feature on BBC
Support our work
The need for innovation in plant breeding and crop production has never been greater to sustain our growing world. Read more...
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Centre of Excellence for UK Farming
The CEUKF sets out to help UK farmers and the food industry address the challenges of sustainable efficient production. Visit website...
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2013.
Who killed Rocky Springs?
17/05/2013 by Jim Orson
" Jim reports from his recent trip to the south eastern states of the USA. Rocky Springs sounds like the name of a small town in a 1950s or 1960s movie. In fact it is (or was) a small settlement a few miles East of the Mississippi river. In 1860 it had 2,616 residents, now it has n... "