The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: NIAB team are starting to plan for Cambridge Science Festival #csf2015 http://t.co/GbqmZeaOJO http://t.co/Nq8n9qfYiF
- @NIABTAG: Please vote for NIAB’s Sophi Taylor Building - short-listed for 2015 BREEAM awards http://t.co/r4M9atBqz1 http://t.co/5jMm8C83xR
- @NIABTAG: Research on reducing anti-nutritional compounds making UK faba beans safe for consumers by #niab & @OfficialUoM http://t.co/14bFwAxiZJ
- @NIABTAG: Out with the old, in with the new - NIAB Cambridge’s Farm & Trials Team offices have arrived http://t.co/CVSqSHFa4A
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG Agronomy Update out today: WOSR disease & weed control, winter cereal Mn deficiency, pest control & latest sowing dates
- @NIABTAG: Photos from today’s Cereal Crop Inspectors Course http://t.co/LOWJaNasZQ http://t.co/tK4fOG0m22
- @NIABTAG: CFP - How (& How Not) to Think about Intellectual Property in Agri & Plant Science @JohnInnesCentre 14/4 @HPSGlonk http://t.co/fsl4oFeYGJ
- @NIABTAG: 5 new research papers on cover crops, soils, rotations & cultivation from NIAB's National Agronomy Centre now online http://t.co/rPOF3WutKX
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle on farming practices in Canada, defibrillators & driving a "ute"! http://t.co/O7WhkcaJMC http://t.co/C6wquTWtl2
- @NIABTAG: NIAB CUF’s Dr David Firman receives £150,000 @PotatoCouncil research fellowship http://t.co/aAJS9Wfbmf
- @NIABTAG: NIAB’s Sophi Taylor Building has been short-listed for 2015 BREEAM awards. Vote now! http://t.co/r4M9atBqz1 http://t.co/Ix7jcA3RkB
- @NIABTAG: If you missed Bill Clark on @BBCFarmingToday, you can hear the interview here http://t.co/bTuzSAtFDG http://t.co/TCtcK0hPVD
News and Events
- NEWS: NIAB's Sophi Taylor Building BREEAM 2015 finalist
- NEWS: NIAB CUF's David Firman awarded first Potato Council fellowship
- EVENT: NIAB joins CPVO's stand at IPM 2015 in Germany
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
The nearest defibrillator is ...
20/01/2015 by Jim Orson
" It was the typical start for a conference session. The chair announced the locations of the nearest emergency exits and the washrooms (a little clue as to the location of the conference). Then, to my astonishment, the location of the nearest defibrillator was described. The confe... "