Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: Patrick Stephenson on the role of technology in farming and what we can expe.... https://t.co/CXpODzhQ0z https://t.co/2OuI8P4PA7
- @NIABTAG: Alastair Leake @gwct on how intensive farming can be good for business and the environment @ #outlook17… https://t.co/Rfu0bcbZri
- @NIABTAG: Dr Liz Stockdale @afrdncl urges #outlook17 delegates to know their soils; biological, chemical and physical attribu… https://t.co/TIUp2l4EFb
- @NIABTAG: Jeremy Cole #agricole on the future of grain markets and how to prosper #outlook17 https://t.co/y27N46mz6M
- @NIABTAG: Hankinson @chankinsonrbsg: Switched on ag businesses are successful ones. Plan, be prepared, be buoyant. Looks for opps #outlook17 #natwest
- @NIABTAG: Carl Hankinson @chankinsonrbsg on the economic state of our industry #outlook17 https://t.co/CULw8Sr355
- @NIABTAG: A busy #outlook17 conference listening to @TheAHDB Peter Kendall https://t.co/W406YrLAGR
- @NIABTAG: #outlook17 Kendall: fantastic opportunities for agriculture if we get this right #brexit #UKbrand #growingpopulation
- @NIABTAG: Sir Peter Kendall @theahdb on 4 main areas of concern; trade, policy, labour, regs #brexit #agriculture #outlook17 https://t.co/7SVlLz2gVW
- @NIABTAG: Registration is open for our #outlook17 conference in Durham https://t.co/yp8GSxon0e
- @NIABTAG: NIAB 3-year Post-Doc vacancy to work on BBSRC-funded project, ‘Wheat PanGenome’. For details and to apply:… https://t.co/IkMRTITBhM
- @NIABTAG: Registration now open for Croft Open Day, 29/06, Durham https://t.co/uAnQglDlve https://t.co/IpFPWS3Kqs
- @NIABTAG: Orson’s Oracle: How new agricultural technologies will result in a greener world https://t.co/rhLMRPpKJk https://t.co/mHy1LU2wUQ
News and Events
- BCPC NEWS: Outstanding contributions to UK crop production earn BCPC Awards
- UKCPVS NEWS: Pathogen monitoring reaches golden milestone
- NEWS: Veg shortage highlights vital role of horticulture R&D, says incoming NIAB EMR head
- NEWS: The Patron’s Fund gift ensures a new location for the NIAB crest
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2017.
The return of nature
20/02/2017 by Jim Orson
" I have nicked the title of this blog from Jesse Ausubel of the Rockefeller University in the US. He has long held the view that technology liberates the environment. His papers include some on agriculture and forestry but there are also many papers on other industries, all with t... "