The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Research Scientist (3 year fixed term contract) https://t.co/FAC2CBkvf1 https://t.co/zSj7WhDa3o
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson comments on the suggestion from ‘big data’ that farmers are using too many inputs https://t.co/xsFmJFksg8 https://t.co/PTUhHcA2ou
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson comments on the suggestion from ‘big data’ that farmers are using too many inputs https://t.co/xsFmJFksg8 https://t.co/KaDGOZPm6v
- @NIABTAG: VACANCIES: Temporary Field Trials Technicians. Mar '16 – end Aug '16 (Cambs based) https://t.co/okkjbuUOhC https://t.co/m8rN6aEkDI
- @NIABTAG: Today at Suffolk Members Conference https://t.co/QSKiiybkr4
- @NIABTAG: Ron Stobart summarises the positive impact of various cover crops & shallow tillage in the rotation https://t.co/ItHfeDe2es
- @NIABTAG: John Cussans @niabjohn on alternative weed control tech in the future; synergists, RNA interference, nano tech etc https://t.co/9mE3SwQBaQ
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Field Trials Officer to join the Cambs HQ Trials Delivery Team. Apply by 15 Feb https://t.co/nZGDJClIoO
- @NIABTAG: Bill Clark up next with cereal fungicide strategies for 2016 - "timing key to performance, know your T1 timing" https://t.co/6DQuafHqDT
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG agronomist Phil Humphrey on the A-Z of buffer zones - lots of discussion & questions #members https://t.co/vijieTV9nL
- @NIABTAG: Two members winter results conferences today; beginning to fill up for the Eastern region at Wyboston https://t.co/VfNGauCole
News and Events
- EVENT: NIAB is back on the CPVO's stand at IPM 2016 in Germany
- NEWS: Newcastle University win 2015 NIAB Agronomy Cup
- NEWS: New crop research centre to reduce food waste in veg and fresh produce sectors
- NEWS: NIAB MAGIC Carpet rolled out for the research community
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Maximum yields versus margins?
05/02/2016 by Jim Orson
" I have just read a very interesting article in Landmark, the NIAB TAG membership magazine. The title is ‘The economic margin; farmers maximising yields but not financial returns’. It is compiled by the Rural Business Unit of the Department of Land Economy, University ... "