The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: View across NIAB's demo field to MacLeod Complex glasshouses; disease plots, wwt variety demos and @InnovationFarm1 http://t.co/XC6aZubkC9
- @NIABTAG: AT @rtkfarmer5: @NIABTAG Morley & Cambs team maize trial drilling y'day nr Kings Lynn. accurate @RTKfarming signal. http://t.co/TSCD5nIxYf
- @NIABTAG: Don't forget @niabtag NAC STAR Open Day 6 June http://t.co/6PYWlS0F62. Long-term rotation study, 4 rotations, 4 cultivation systems
- @NIABTAG: Have you booked your place onto the @niabtag NAC Open Days http://t.co/8LHuzxQfoM. More details released later this month
- @NIABTAG: Final 1 from NIAB Morley comparing plots of Grafton (LHS) & SY–111570 http://t.co/uLHatiXU9C
- @NIABTAG: & another from NIAB Morley comparing plots of Gallant (LHS) & LGW65 http://t.co/xnMcMcvR8y
- @NIABTAG: Another from NIAB Morley: LHS Gallant GS31, RHS LGW65 GS30 http://t.co/wCyP7Nzw9T
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Morley (Norfolk) GS pix thanx to Toby: LHS Grafton GS31, RHS SY-111570 GS29-30 http://t.co/q3Ildn34Nb
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Cambridge Open Day 1 July is open to all; vars, pre-breeding, agronomy, pots, @innovationfarm1 & soils http://t.co/VHLHgfGAxV
- @NIABTAG: NIAB CUF Potato Agronomy Unit has a vacancy for a new Field & Laboratory Technician http://t.co/PNplTM5HQ4, closing date 25/4/14
- @NIABTAG: Next deadline for @CWFagri NIAB Agronomy Cup competition is 18 April. Remember to send in your T2 & T3 recs & good luck teams! #niabcup
- @NIABTAG: Final one from NIAB Hereford: Escarde wbly, drilled 1/10/13. GS33 & flag leaf 2.5cm out http://t.co/T52nUtSMMk
- @NIABTAG: Another from NIAB Hereford: Santiago drilled 20/9/13: GS31, 2nd internode 4mm, L3 30% emerged http://t.co/rABWSKnUtf
- @NIABTAG: Mike Perry @ NIAB Hereford's pix: Solstice drilled 20/9/13, GS31-32, 2nd internode 17mm, L3 50% emerged http://t.co/jISPbQN3vU
- @NIABTAG: Jim's US Open viewing has focused his thoughts on the evolution of grasses; Orson's Oracle http://t.co/2Imi2YvOLw http://t.co/QHczWXZrXN
- @NIABTAG: AT @AgriChatUK: Thurs #agrichatuk discussion 8-10pm on "big ag data". Delighted to have @AgriTechGov joining in as one of our guests
- @NIABTAG: It was a bit grey & driech @ the Network Berwick Field Day y'day; still plenty to talk about with Patrick Stephenson http://t.co/AqWjCRGjCI
News and Events
- NIAB Cambridge Open Day - 1st July 2014
- NIAB at the Cambridge Science Festival 2014
- NEWS: Avadex EAMU improves weed control options in spring wheat
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
Grasses; mankind’s best friend?
11/04/2014 by Jim Orson
" Earlier this week I was watching TV with our grandchildren. It was a children’s programme on dinosaurs; a subject that captivates our grandson. The presenter said that dinosaurs did not eat grass because they existed before grass existed. This came as a complete surprise to... "