The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG @AHDB_Hort Onion seed (field) Open Day has moved to the reserve date of 18 August https://t.co/MUDe4HxOQS
- @NIABTAG: Have you registered for the NIAB TAG Courgette Agronomy Event? 20/08 11am http://t.co/8yiC63nKoa @BritishGrowers http://t.co/nUcEZ77SLc
- @NIABTAG: Have you registered? NIAB TAG @AHDB_Hort Onion seed (field) Open Day 11/08 Croxton NK http://t.co/s0eaak3dWM http://t.co/g2kpbb9lYW
- @NIABTAG: NIAB CUF's Dr Mark Stalham sharing his expertise at the @AHDB_Potatoes Strategic Potato Farm Open Day 23/7 http://t.co/z39TYhPpYv
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson apologises for an earlier blog and develops the theme of causes of black-grass emergence http://t.co/GC89hb1Rnr
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Purchase Ledger Controller. Closing date to apply 28/07/15 http://t.co/nBkmT4WesJ
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG & @AHDB_Hort Onion seed (field) Open Day 11/8 2-5pm @ Croxton, Norfolk. Reg online http://t.co/s0eaak3dWM http://t.co/Ef8IsAlTzr
- @NIABTAG: July 23 @AHDB_Potatoes SPot #openevent. Challenge NIAB CUF's Dr Mark Stalham & other experts http://t.co/mzoOwv6p1R http://t.co/BGQRKWeENI
- @NIABTAG: NIAB LabTest is offering a 20% discount on our three most popular seed test packages http://t.co/0bjqRubjC6
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG Courgette Agronomy Event, 20 Aug 11am-2pm, NIAB Park Farm, Cambs. Register online http://t.co/8yiC63nKoa http://t.co/oiVjoVC5Cc
News and Events
- NEWS: Leading data scientist Professor Mario Caccamo to join NIAB
- NEWS: 20% discount on NIAB LabTest
- PHOTOS: NIAB's 2015 Director's Day
- NEWSLETTER: First edition of SIPScene
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Black-grass – an apology
23/07/2015 by Jim Orson
" A few weeks back I wrote a blog (Black-grass allelopathy nonsense - posted on 30th April) on my analysis of the very limited and indirect evidence as to whether or not multiple applications of glyphosate to seedling black-grass in ‘false seedbeds’ were beneficial, in ... "